Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grumble Fish

The cathartic power of food is not lost on me. Despite all visual evidence to the contrary. Sometimes, all the time, mostthetime, I come home from work in a not so savory mood. I would say "ornery" but that word gives me a stomach ache, which would only serve to multiply the badness of my mood. Often a shower cures all, but other times it is just makeup to cover the bruise. It is on days like that I am pleased to not be a farmer and have a grocery store.

Following my work day when the shower had no effect I packed up and headed to the Safeway, headphones budded in my ears. I understand retail therapy and eating to cure stress. I just feel so much better when I can combine them both. So if you see me in Safeway buying 35 dollars worth of tuna and a pound of saffron, best steer clear, it has been a rough one. But come around tomorrow because that anger has to have an outlet and I am making a cheesecake.

No comments: